Tuesday 1 January 2013

Peter Doherty : Brixton Jamm Videos




Peter Doherty played two sets at the Brixton Jamm, London on the 28th December 2012.

These videos have been added to the French Dog Blues YouTune Channel.

Writtler  writtled
Just back from Jamm. First set was OK, but a bit... meh... I've seen much better, but also much worse. Billy Bones played a decent support slot for the second set. By that time, I was a couple of pints and a dash of tequila more in the mood, and I LOVED the late session. It was rough and messy at the front, and loads of fun. Someone passed Pete a huge bowl of some cocktail, which he necked. I feared that might spell disaster, but it seemed to do him a power of good, and I thought he played a storming set. I particularly liked the cover of Folsom Prison Blues (even more than I enjoyed Puff the Magic Dragon in the first set :lol: ).He mentioned a couple of points worth noting. He was quite apologetic about not pitching up at the Rhythm Factory. Apparently there was a 'good reason' for the no show. Ain't there always ? And he spoke of the new album, confirming that Stephen Street is producing, because he 'gets the job done'. Seems it's shaping up to be a Babyshambles album. Dunno what the rest of you think, but I'm really pleased to hear that. I miss the band.

Get the Writtlers' feedback.

Visit French Dog Design Your Own Shop
Visit French Dog Clothing Shop